Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Blessings

Christmas...ahhh..Another one has come and gone.
The hustle and bustle of the hoidays..stressing over what to buy, what to make for the holiday dinner...the "must" haves...only to find out that the cole slaw that we absolutlely could not do without...we find still in the bottom of the fridge...as we are cleaning up after the dinner. :)
I love that.
It was a beautiful Holiday nonetheless..even without the coleslaw. Everyone is healthy and happy for the most part...It was good to be with my family. I love them all so very much. I live almost 3,000 miles from them all and I hope they know that just because I do live so far..there is not a day that goes by that I do not think of them or miss them. My heart will never adjust to that part of my life.
I miss my BF Cathy. Truly I do. She passed away after a short term illness. She was found to have Uterine cancer three months ago and her battle ended on Dec. 7th 2009. What a ray of sunshine she was to everyone who knew her. She was a fighter...and she left me the best Christmas gift ever. Actually two gifts. A coffee pot...lol. Which was awesome. She had her wonderful partner in life, Michael get it for me and my husband for Christmas. Maybe you think..a coffeepot??? lol. But it brought tears to my eyes. She has one of those fancy coffee pots..the kind that grinds the beans..I thought it was the best thing since..well....sliced bread! She knew I liked it...no...I loved it. She always said she wanted me to have one..and I said..noo...Ill stick to my little Mr. Coffee coffee pot. But she as usual had to have the last word..and put it on Michaels list of things to do..and bless his heart he did...He gave it to me the night before i was to fly to Ohio for Christmas with my family. I made coffee in that new fancy pot and packed my bags. It is wonderful!
The best gift though she gave me...didn't grind beans or heat up anything..except my heart. The best gift was the gift of love and strength. She made me not afraid of living and not afraid of dying. She did both so well. I visited her the night before she passed away. She couldn't talk but still tried. I told her I loved her. She mumbled something to me..I said.."I know, you love me too." She said... "I do". That was my last conversation with her at least on this earth. God, do I miss her.
Every single time I make coffee in that damn pot..though, lol..I'll think of her and I'll smile. Not just because I love the coffeepot so much, but because I loved her. I am thankful that I was there with her til the end. Thankful that we shared so very much the last several years. She taught me so much. I don't know what I did to deserve it..but she was such a blessing.

So I hope this holiday brings you some really special gift to cling to..something that will make you realize how blessed you are and something to make you smile.
I know I had many blessings in my life.
For them all I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment