Sunday, December 27, 2009

SNOW ANGELS and OLD CAR HOODS

It's snowing today..big fluffy white flakes..so beautiful...as they drift down to the ground..  I love to watch it snow. I especially love it when i can sit in my PJ's inside and watch it snowing.  A cup of hot tea or hot cocoa..maybe some starbucks coffee...(christmas blend is nice).  mmmm yep I love the snow.
I remember when we were teens and we used an old car hood and an old refrigerator door as sleds. Dad  would put a big light up by the barn at the top of the hill and we would have hot cocoa and hot chili that mom made..  Tie a big rope on to the "sled" and down we go...flying to the bottom...and as we get to the bottom we would hit this little hill  that my brothers made for the dirt bikes in the summer.  The "sled" would be like air born...  We would see who could go the farthest. Some of them got pretty close to the creek.  One idiot boy tried to go down the hill..that we did NOT use for sledding right behind the house.  Full of bushes and trees..not cleared at all.  He used a regular wooden sled with those runers on it....As I recall he ended up getting 7 stitches in his behind. due to those metal runners....lol.  It was lots of fun watching him ride the bumpy school bus on Monday morning... (giggles)  
My boyfriend at the time, Butch, tried as well..going down head first on the same sled.  Such craziness ..lol.
He hit a tree.  Its a wonder he didn't end up like Sonny Bono...
Course this was long before Sonny. 
Yep those were the days.  I miss them.  Now we can just sled on our wii's ...or playstation..
Sighhh......
You can't make a snow angel on a wii tho..I don't think?  Or catch a snowflake on your tongue.
Unless they already came up with an idea for that too..
lol.
Oh well... tomorrow I think Ill go bowling.. with the grandkids. I hope I can handle that wii remote  (smile)
Soo.go ..catch a few snowflakes. Make a few snow angels, build an igloo ...or a snowman, maybe a snowball fight... :) Make some memories. Enjoy life,

You just might like it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment