Saturday, December 26, 2009

Missing You.

I wrote this last night about two hours before Cathy passed away quietly in her sleep. I woke up to the sound of rain at 5 am. thinking that God was crying..I woke up and looked out the window and seen Michael on the porch...and the lights on. He came over to tell me the news that Cathy had passed away at 2 a.m. Now I know that God was indeed crying. Maybe they were tears of joy for the sunshine that she was bringing to Him...or maybe he was crying because he knew he needed her yet He knew how much we all would miss her..either way.. later the sun came out. We had always planned a trip to Hawaii..Like a childhood dream...and I am most positive that she had a "layover" or maybe insisted that God stop off at Hawaii...and that she sent a bit of sunshine after the rain..to let us know...she made it.


:) Yes Cathy..Im jealous. :) Hope it was everything you expected and more. I love you. Say hello to your family that is waiting to welcome you home.

This poem..was wrote late at night..and it was just random thoughts..sometimes sad, scared and funny..like our friendship at times.

RIP. Cathy Michael Dec.7, 2009



Missing You.



People around me see the outside as i smile and bury my fear

And the sadness engulfs me as death lingers ever so near.

I function and I live and for all eyes I seem to get by

while on the inside I am drowning and I cry and I cry.



Im scared as I watch my lovely friend slowly slip away

I know in my heart that it could be just any day.

till she closes her eyes and she will suffer no more...

No more tears, no more pain as she enters Gods door.



I miss her already and it just doesn't seem fair

Such a good gentle person who always was there

I cannot imagine her just being nowhere near

To share laughter and thoughts, heartache and tears




We could be oh so close and so honest its true

Share all our worries and what made us blue

So many unfinished plans did we have in store..

Road trips and ocean trips..or trips to the store.



..

Wal Mart was often a high light of our week

Shop, Dance or sing till we were too tired to speak

Complain the next day about being old and weak..eh, well,,

Karaoke at Johnnys....was not for the meek.



Seems we had just reached that content place you see

when it was taken like that..from her..and from me.

I can't tell you why and I can't take away the sadness

If i dwelled on it too long..im sure it'd bring madness.



Instead I am grateful for the time wh have shared..

I am thankful for her friendship and for me she cared.

So I'll take that and run with it wherever I go...

My sweet Friend Cathy..I wil always love you so.

No comments:

Post a Comment